Thursday, January 19, 2012

My favourite author

Have I ever mentioned who my favourite author is?
Probably not. You might not know that I actually read.

Well it all started one day some 7 or 8 years ago.
A book was laying there all by itself and I decided to give it a chance.
I did not regret it. In fact, I am glad that I read it.
I was unwilling to put it down until I've savoured the very last bit of it.
It was that addictive.

The words seem alive. So much emotions.
They reach into your heart, in my case, soul.
I can feel them so deeply.
It was like a roller coaster ride only better.
The stories were written so tragically yet in a beautiful way.
And that was the feeling that's going to stay in me for as long as I live.

Some might see his stories as cliches. Almost predictable.
They might be right.
But it is how he'd written them that made each of it special in its own way .
The words he used and that he dwelled into each character as if they really exist.
His stories never once failed me.
Moved me into tears every single time.
Reading his books and letting my emotions come pouring out without holding back just feels awfully right.
It is one thing that I truly enjoyed doing alone.

He'd covered so many aspects in his books. Sending positive messages.
Life is not perfect. But there are so much more in life that's worthwhile if we have faith.
And there are times we need to sacrifice without expecting anything in return.
There will always be regrets in life, but those are the precious memories that we'll never forget.
These were the important lessons I've come to realized from his books.

Before it slipped my mind.
The author who'd affected me in so many ways is none other than----- Nicholas Sparks

(p/s: the lonely little book was 'Message in the Bottles')

No comments: